Wednesday, October 27, 2010

That 'Hawk Is...

Sophomore Katie Scannell!

Congrats to proud alum Kristen Mathews for guessing correctly...she now takes a 2-pt. lead in the race to become the "Best RedHawk Fan"


In a recent interview, here's what Katie had to say:

MUTF: How'd you decide on Miami?
KS: Coming to Miami was a last minute decision for me...I had attended a very small University in Nova Scotia, Canada during my freshman year. But, the summer after my freshman year I woke up one morning and said, "I want to transfer.".
So, I started looking into schools around Ohio, and my cousin (whom currently attends Miami) mentioned Miami. I did a little research, came to visit about a month before school started, and was hooked. Miami is ranked-well academically, and has a great campus in a small, safe town. What could be any better? :)


MUTF: What advice would you have for someone who is considering becoming a part of the Miami Track & Field family?
KS: As corny as this may sound - being a part of the track and field team has totally confirmed my decision to transfer. When I tried-out for the team last fall, I was not entirely sure I made the correct decision on transferring. But, once I joined the team- and started running well in the 400m Hurdles during the spring- my feeling about Miami totally transformed. The experience has been amazing so far!

MUTF: What do you do in your free time?
KS: I volunteer at the Bunker Hill Haven House for boys. I go every Thursday evening and tutor/mentor troubled youth for a few hours.

MUTF: What are your goals for this year?
KS: To be the best that I can be! My main event, the 400m Hurdles, was new to me last year...and, my coach says I haven't yet scratched the surface of what I am capable of. So, hopefully, I'll go sub-60 this year!

Be sure to tune in next Wednesday for "Name That 'Hawk"...


Coach
CTO

No comments:

Post a Comment