Wednesday, September 15, 2010

That 'Hawk Is...

Senior Rachel Patterson!

Congrats to proud alum Kristen Mathews for guessing correctly...she takes the lead in the race to become the "Best RedHawk Fan".


In a recent interview, here's what Rachel had to say:

MUTF: How'd you decide on Miami?
RP: When it came time to decide on where I would attend college, I had no direction...I just knew I wanted to run collegiately. My high school coach told me he thought I would do well at Miami. So, I looked into the school and took a visit...once I arrived, it blew away every other school! It's gorgeous here!


MUTF: What advice would you have for someone who is considering becoming a part of the Miami Track & Field family?
RP: Miami is a great place! Great academics, great athletics...and it's all situated on a gorgeous campus!


MUTF: So far- what do you enjoy most about Miami?
RP: My favorite thing about Miami is the fall season. Fall is my favorite season because I'm a fall baby, its cross country time, and the campus is unbelievably gorgeous!

Over the years, Miami has begun to feel like home...it's just small enough to make you feel like we have something really unique here.


MUTF: As a Miami student-athlete, we know that you are very busy with your academic and athletic endeavors...what do you do in your free time?
RP: Outside of school and running, I volunteer at the Knolls(a local retirement community) in the physical therapy department. Other than that, I'm just a normal college kid...hanging out with friends and finding ways to NOT do homework.

"Name That 'Hawk" will return next week on Wednesday...

Coach
CTO

No comments:

Post a Comment