Friday, August 27, 2010

That 'Hawk Is...

Senior Hope Alexander!

Congrats to Miami alum Kristen Mathews for being the first person to submit the correct answer, again! Mathews and fellow alum Alexis Lape now are dead-even in the race to become the "Best RedHawk Fan".


In a recent interview, here's what Hope had to say:

MUTF: How'd you decide on Miami?
HA: I chose Miami because I used to skate, and Miami has a really good skating team. But, after I decided to attend Miami, I had a really good outdoor track season my senior year in high school, and I decided I would rather run track.


MUTF: What advice would you have for someone who is considering becoming a part of the Miami Track & Field family?
HA: We are not only an increasingly-talented team, but we are also all invested in each others success. You'll have a hard time finding a team as close as we are!


MUTF: What's your best memory- so far- of your time at Miami?
HA: I have so many...but... one of the most embarrassing/fun moments for me was doing the "Napoleon Dynamite" dance with Ruthie, Magda, and Katie during our freshman year!

MUTF: As a Miami student-athlete, we know that you are very busy with your academic and athletic endeavors...what do you do in your free time?
HA: Outside of school and track, I like to bake, but I'm not very good at it. I also love travelling and playing with my dog.

Be sure to tune in next Thursday, to see if you can "Name That 'Hawk..."!



Coach
CTO

No comments:

Post a Comment