Friday, August 6, 2010

That 'Hawk Is...

Senior Amanda Mirochna!

Congrats to Miami alum Alexis Lape for being the first person to submit the correct answer...again! She is quickly establishing herself as the "Best RedHawk Fan".


In a recent interview, here's what Amanda had to say:

MUTF: How'd you decide on Miami?
AM: When I started searching for schools, I came across Miami...I was blown away by how beautiful it was! Then, when I visited, I quickly saw that everything suited me perfectly...especially the size of the campus...not too big, not too small. Plus, everyone I met on my visit was friendly and helpful. I could tell that Miami was going to help prepare me for the rest of my life.


MUTF: What advice would you have for someone who is considering becoming a part of the Miami Track & Field family?
AM: There are so many advantages...I'll just name a few, though!
1) Our program is awesome...we take training very seriously, BUT, we also have lots of fun...it's like having another family.
2) Our Coaches. They are extremely personable (Coach Towne is my favorite!) They have a tremendous amount of knowledge...which is why their athletes always improve.
3) Our campus...its beautiful! It is what you would imagine a college campus would look like!


MUTF: What's your best memory- so far- of your time at Miami?
AM: Winning the 2009 MAC Cross Country Championships...no one but us thought we could "repeat" our 2008 Championship- but we did! Also, traveling to big meets, like the Penn Relays...it gives us a chance to bond as a team during the bus rides, plane rides, etc.- and we get to go toe-to-toe with the "best" in the country!


MUTF: As a Miami student-athlete, we know that you are very busy with your academic and athletic endeavors...what do you do in your free time?
AM: I enjoy a good book...I like to take bike rides...I like to grill...and I LOVE to take naps!!!


Be sure to tune in next Thursday, to see if you can "Name That 'Hawk..."!



Coach
CTO

No comments:

Post a Comment