Friday, July 30, 2010

That 'Hawk Is...

Senior Ruthie Rasch!
Congrats to "Alexis" for being the first person to submit the correct answer...she is now in the running to be called "Best RedHawk Fan".


In a recent interview, here's what Ruthie had to say:

MUTF: How'd you decide on Miami?
RR: I only looked at 3 schools seriously- one from each NCAA division. I eventually decided on Miami because it had a good reputation for being academically rigorous, and because it was the closest school to my family...what can I say, I'm a home-body! Then, I visited and met with a the Track & Field staff, and began to realize that I had a chance to compete at a D1 school. This realization was both humbling and also an opportunity of a lifetime that, in the end, I realized I just couldn't pass up.

MUTF: What advice would you have for someone who is considering becoming a part of the Miami Track & Field family?
RR: Meet a wide variety of girls- not just the girls in your event area...it's always amazing to me to see how much passion everyone has for their event! Also, ask lots of questions!

MUTF: What's your best memory- so far- of your time at Miami?
RR: As a student athlete at Miami, I've really enjoyed the relationships that I have made with my teammates, coaches, and professors. But, my best "Miami Memory" took place this past spring, when we shattered the school record in the 4x400m Relay at the MAC Championships. We ran 3:42, and posted a 7 second improvement over our previous seasonal best- we really showed ourselves that we do have what it takes to be champions...it was wonderful! (to see Ruthie and her teammates break the school record, click here.

MUTF: As a Miami student-athlete, we know that you are very busy with your academic and athletic endeavors...what do you do in your free time?
RR: I am a Mass Coordinator at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Uptown Oxford...I have been a member of my dorms' Community Council, which planned all types of events for residents...and I am a proud member of the National Science Teachers Association :)


Be sure to tune in next Thursday, to see if you can "Name That 'Hawk..."!



Coach
CTO

No comments:

Post a Comment